Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gluten free, grain free and delicious...pizza!

Recently I blogged about this gluten free, grain free cheese bread . I mentioned in the blog post that I wanted to use the recipe to make pizza-I did and it is great! 

Here is how I made it.

1 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup olive oil (or melted butter etc)
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheese
herbs

I mixed the starch, oil, egg and herbs first. Then I added the cheese. It will appear kind of dry so get your hands into the dough and really mix it well and it will form a moist ball of dough (if it is still too dry and won't form a ball, you can add a bit more oil). Then I rolled it out between parchment paper. You can roll it out as thick or thin as you like. I baked it at 220 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.

While it was baking I cooked the pizza toppings. When the crust was ready I added the pizza sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, bacon and cheese. I put it back in the oven until the cheese melted.

This is very delicious. My husband is sooo  happy with it and he ate it all!


Here are some pictures. Sorry but I took them at night in my kitchen so they aren't the best but it will give you an idea. Oh and this made, I'm guessing as I haven't seen a North American sized pizza in a while, 1 medium sized pizza. So you can double the recipe if you want it to be bigger.

Here it is about to go in the oven.


 Here it after being baked for 10 minutes.



Here it is with all the toppings.




2 comments:

Anda denayu said...

can't wait to try it at home :D
i've follow this blog,mind to follow back ? ;)
http://andaemond.blogspot.com/
<3

Kari said...

Ooo this looks delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails