Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A walk among the fireflies


The other night, my husband and I went for a walk at about 1am. As we live in the "inaka" (countryside), it is pretty quiet.  There was a wonderful, slightly cool breeze, the sound of frogs and a beautiful moon.  We walked along our normal path which takes us by 2 small streams. And suddenly we saw "hotaru" or fireflies.  They were so beautiful among the tall grass. We just stood there for a bit and watched them. The breeze felt so good and we could smell flowers and plants. This was one of the moments that my friend Kayo and I had talked about .....where everything was just perfect. I had tears in my eyes but I smiled and soaked in as much of it as was possible.

On the walk home, I felt more alive than I had in a while. I felt refreshed and ....I don't know how to explain it but I felt kind of reborn. I thought of this quote- which is one of my favorites.
    
     ~ I am red. I am passion, sunset, anger, blood, wine and roses, lust and apples.
                                                   ~ Julia Cameron




Also, I want to say thank you to everyone who commented on my last post "Kayo". I didn't comment there but I read each one and I really appreciate all your comments!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails