Saturday, November 21, 2009

I love a little wine while taking a bath but this....

I love to drink a little wine while taking a bath but this is an all together different thing!!

This is an onsen (hot spring) in Kanagawa Prefecture. This is a wine hot spring. This year, they used Beaujolais Nouveau wine. This picture was taken on the grand opening of this particular bath and it was the day of the newest release of the wine itself. Apparently this onsen also has green tea baths, sake baths and coffee baths! I think this may also qualify for the "only in Japan" title!

10 comments:

Fukuoka Dreaming said...

Was trying to buy some young wine but couldn't find stock! Now I know where they all went!

Mekkan said...

This is something beyond my imagination. Maybe one day but never try twice, I suppose. I'd rather enjoy it at the table. Thank you for the post. I enjoyed it.

Grace said...

Are you suppose to sip on some of it when you're soaking in it? LoL... I wonder if it dyes your clothing??

K said...

aa.. so cool^^ must have smelt nice.ha~~ i havent even been to a normal onsen before though. its on my must do list~ ha. thanks for sharing^^

Patrizia said...

Hehe!!! I think I'd like a Green tea bath

Bentobird said...

Hi there!
As always, your site is a vibrant inspiration to this lover of Japanese culture!

Please visit my site to pick up your Kreativ Blogger award!
http://bentobird.blogspot.com/

FromJapanWithLove said...

Hi everyone! Normally in an onsen you are naked but if you wear clothes, I'm guessing it would be dyed!

I never though about how it would smell but yeah...probably smells good!

Satorare said...

This looks hilarious... ^___^

Blue Shoe said...

Odd, you'd think the wine would have stained their clothes and skin.

Unknown said...

I think the good wine feels from the first sip. I love to drink wine in a dinner or an speciall reason. Actually i am reading about it . This blog is very interesting. costa rica investment opportunities is a site that i wanted to share with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails