Friday, June 6, 2008

We hit 10,000 sales!

Well, last night it happened!! We officially hit 10,000 sales!!! Thanks everyone!! We made it to 5,000 March 11th so in just over 12 weeks we doubled it!!!

When I first started my etsy business I hoped but couldn't really imagine hitting 5,000 in one year but in just about 9 months from our first sale, we hit 10,000. Looking back to when I first opened in August.....I was nervous and had no idea what I was doing I just knew I needed to do this as my jewelry business in Japan wasn't working out the way I wanted. We had opened an online jewelry business and I had big dreams but because of language issues, I needed my honey to do soooo much of it and he just couldn't cope with it and a demanding job. My mom was pushing me to sell on ebay or etsy. I love ebay for buying but the thought of selling didn't feel right for me so I chose etsy. I started with chiyogami paper I had at home that was new and I wasn't using and I bought a few other things. It took me about 3 weeks to make my first sale and 5 weeks after that to sell my first hundred. It just took off after that.

When I look back to the day I started this I never imagined that I could quit Fridays from my job. I couldn't have imagined that in less than 1 year it would allow my honey to stay home and work on this business with me and that he wouldn't need to get a job after he was laid off. We are very blessed. This business is a lot of work but it is soooo much fun and I have "met" lots of wonderful people. Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on your 10,000 sales. I am so happy for you. I love your etsy shop. So glad it is working out so well for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I Helped a bit! I think maybe 1 or 2 sales I contributed!
Hahaha! I hope your Etsy shop continues to be successful!

FromJapanWithLove said...

Hi Becky...thanks for the kind words!! Is this Becky who loves cats and fruit stickers?

Kelly...yeah...you might have helped a bit...^__^

maoiliosa said...

congratulations!!! 10,000 - wow. you deserve all the success you get, sofia :). i love your shop! well obviously, since i must have spent about $250 with you by now, haha ;).

FromJapanWithLove said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for your kind words, support and helping me reach 10,000!!!

coffeegirl said...

I KNEW there was a reason why I just had to shop last night! Congratulations! Woohoo!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails